Fjellugla Kompetanse AS participates in the implementation of the project entitled Revalorization of degraded and inaccessible parts of the Historical Monument of the Srebrna Gora Fortress for cultural and educational needs . The Project Leader is the Polish partner: Twierdza Srebrna Góra Sp. z o.o.
The project has received funding under the “CULTURE” Programme – program of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021, Measure 1: Improvement of cultural heritage management, Sub-measure 1.1 Restoration and revitalisation of cultural heritage.
Short description of the project:
The project assumes the revalorisation and development for educational and tourist purposes of inaccessible defensive works and casemates of the Stronghold in Srebrna Góra – one of the most valuable fortification objects in Poland, having the status of a Historical Monument located in the area of the first Fortress Cultural Park in Poland and belonging to the Lower Silesian “Route of Industrial Technology Heritage Objects”. The project will contribute to the preservation and restoration of cultural landscape of Srebrna Góra, introducing new cultural and educational functions, as well as an attractive form of spending leisure time and participating in cultural life. All activities under the project are aimed at increasing the tourist and cultural attractiveness of Srebrna Góra and preserving the cultural heritage.
The subject of the investment is the revitalisation of part of the historic Srebrna Góra Fortress, a historic complex of fortification works, including brick buildings, located at Kręta 4 street in Srebrna Góra.
1) Conservation, restoration and construction works on immovable monuments and in their surroundings, changing their function for the purpose of cultural activities, among others:
- restoration of connection between defensive works – restoration of posterns, gates and portals, abutments and reconstruction of fortress bridges after the historical ones on the section: Rawelin- Fort Rogowy (horn fort) – Esplanada — Bastion Górny (upper bastion) – Donjon;
- construction and conservation works – restoration and adaptation of the Cavalier Bastion – Fortress media room;
- construction and conservation works – restoration and adaptation of the Lazaret Górny (upper lazaret)
2) Cultural and educational offer, e.g. numerous cultural events addressed to different audiences
3) Trainings related to the scope of the project, including among others:
- 19 professional trainings for current and new Fortress employees, 528 training hours in total
- 2 study tours
- 36 hours of non-professional trainings for the local community and the related institutions and business entities.
4) Project management.
5) Project promotion – the aim of the promotion is to reach with information about the project and the new cultural and educational offer to the largest possible group of diverse audiences in all age groups, including general public, both at national, regional and local level.
6) Purchase of equipment needed to conduct cultural activities and protect cultural heritage, including the purchase of equipment, exhibition facilities and the purchase of educational equipment – replicas of historical functional devices.
The effects of the project will contribute to increased public participation in culture and strengthening of the economic potential of the municipality and the region. The restoration and adaptation for cultural and tourism purposes of the cultural heritage of supra-regional importance, which is the fortification complex of Srebrna Góra Stronghold will make it a place vibrant with cultural life, attracting a large audience. It is important that the Project will contribute to preserving the cultural heritage for future generations.
The participation of Fjellugla Kompetanse AS in the project will concern the implementation of soft tasks. Fjellugla Kompetanse AS will carry out trainings in the field of cultural heritage protection, conservation and use of historical monuments, the way of functioning of the institution, in particular the implementation of the cultural offer and cooperation with the local community. Thanks to the knowledge and experience provided by Fjellugla Kompetanse AS, the Project Leader will be able to plan and adapt educational activities to the specifics of the local community, in accordance with requirements and public regulations or approved curricula. Moreover, Fjellugla Kompetanse AS will conduct trainings for the Project Leader’s team of animators and educators during study visits in Norway and revisits to the Project Leader. Thanks to the training and consultations on management and achievement of project objectives, the knowledge on creative development in rural areas and ways to build offer tailored to different audience groups will be transferred. Additionally, contacts established during the study visits will allow develop international cooperation and cultural exchange between Partners. Thanks to the consultations with Fjellugla Kompetanse AS in the field of implementation of modern management methods and achievement of objectives of educational and cultural projects, the team of the Project Leader will be able to more effectively achieve the project objective and maintain the assumed indicators. Consultations will be conducted remotely (there will be regular contact via the Internet) and during face-to-face meetings during study visit to the Partner and the training seminar.
After the completion of the project, further cooperation with the Project Partner in the implementation of the cultural-educational offer is assumed.
Project Leader from Poland: https://forty.pl/pl_PL/projekt-rewaloryzacja.html
Support provided by the “CULTURE” Programme of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 and the state budget.